Brochair (Mason) had texted me at 12:30 in the morning to check my door. After a minor freak out from my roommate when I ventured outside, I found a small note with four little boxes to be filled:
Adam,
- Rock your tests tomorrow.
- Dress Up
- Rev Night
- Meet New Best Friends
The first box was the hardest. But after I stumbled out of my Organic Chemistry test I had just a small amount of strength in reserve: Check.
Later, I managed to focus my inner old man, and put together a fine ensemble of pleated shorts and stuffed Hawaiian shirt along with fancy shoes and much too tall socks. Dress up like I was Elderly?: Check.
My excitement was barely contained when I hopped out of my car and started on my way to Rudder for Rev night. I managed to meet up with one of the freshmen from my previous camp after I got my name tag ( I might add it was properly colored, #foreshadowing). She started squealing and giggling and going all sorts of crazy, and that behavior is infectious you know, so of course being the impressionable person I am I entered Rudder Auditorium; squealing, giggling, and going all sorts of crazy. I applauded the speaker, cheered on Cheeto, and maybe cried a bit during the video. Yeah, this stuff gets me emotional. Rev Night: Check.
I received my session, and color. Session F, Blue! A later session, just what I wanted to experience! Guys and girls were separated, and during brotime I already felt a part of something great. Unnamed camp Session F Blue was definitely looking up! And when the guys and girls were reunited, things just got even better! Our camp was probably the most ballin' thing to happen to this campus, and we had only been together for five minutes or so! Then... they announced are namesake...
Gerald.
Harris.
Ok, I didn't faint like I thought I was going to. But to describe what was going through my head at that moment, well:
"OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOOOOOOOMGa;kdjk;dwanmdnmzndmnaskmdnskabdhaugdjasfnzlkjfz,./mf/d."
Pretty much sums it up. Best. Day. Ever. Best camp ever. Best group of 24 people ever. Forealz!
And then we met our chairs, Whitney and Mason, and our perfect camp was complete. It's a rare thing to see a group of near 24 strangers come together; rarer still to see everything just click. And it happened that night. Session F Blue Camp Harris, the best camp of all time! There was only one more thing to do at this point, so I grabbed my pen:
"Meet New Best Friends: Check!"
No comments:
Post a Comment